- All submissions which reference or allude to other published works must be accompanied by a disclaimer with proper citation.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, but we ask that you do not do so! Please choose one category only.
***The ONLY exception to this rule pertains to challenge entries. If you are entering your story into a challenge, please submit both to the appropriate challenge category AND to the category in which your story belongs!***
- Titles and summaries must be family friendly. No exceptions.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. Any stories which have excessive errors will be rejected until they are corrected.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. Please note: Stories containing adults having sex with minors are strictly forbidden.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- Chapters/short stories must be submitted one at a time. Authors must wait for approval before sending an additional chapter or short story.
- Minimum word counts are as follows:
- Prologues/Epilogues- 600 words
- Short stories and chapters- 800 words
- We accept most genres of fiction, but restrict what will be archived on The-Red-Chair.com. We will not accept fictions depicting or implying adult/minor sexual relations, graphic or overly gruesome violence, porn without plot or other inappropriate subjects. Nor do we accept non-fiction works.
- All submissions must be the original work of an author over the age of 13 submitting the piece of fiction.
- Plagiarism is a serious offense, and we will do all that is in our power to stop it from happening.
- All submissions must be correctly formatted and readable.
- Stories will be read by moderators and either accepted to or temporarily rejected from the site. All rejections will be accompanied by an explanatory email citing improvements to be made before resubmission. The moderators of The-Red-Chair.com reserve the right to reject any fictions not up to an acceptable standard.
- The ratings are as follows:
- General- material is safe for everyone
- Young Teen- audience should be restricted to those of at least 13 years old
- Young Adult- audience should be at least 16 years old
- Adult- audience must be at least 18 years old
- **Please note that NC17 or XXX stories will not be accepted at this time.**
- By submitting a piece of work, you agree to these rules and conditions, and agree to cooperate with the other users of the site as well as the moderators.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.